As I’m overwhelmed and overstressed, I need to refocus my energies. Therefore, I write a “Good Things” list (and today, this was actually hard to do):
- I have a daughter who amazes me everyday. OK, I always list her in a “good things” list, but she is, well, a good thing. We spoke tonight and she told me about her team’s first win of the season in double-overtime . . . how the coach and the assistant coach on the opposing team knew her from her undergrad institution . . . and how tired she was from working hard all day. I’m amazed that she came from me.
- I have an office at school that remains at a constant 68oF. This might seem too cool to some, but it feels great to me. It’s hot and humid here.
- I am confident that all the stressors of the last week or so will eventually go away.
- I am going to get referral $$$ from my apartment complex because I referred another new professor to complex and she leased an apartment. w00t!
- I have social plans for tomorrow, and this is a good thing: a “welcome to the year” party at a professor’s house.
With that, I go to bed. Tomorrow will be a good day.